If you are looking for an honest Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ Review, you are at the right places. We review the model after talking to people who are currently using it. So, you can expect a completely unbiased review of the model.
The well-known brands often produce some good dishwashers with a good track record of performance. The customers prefer not only the good looks but also the customization option, parts availability and low noise levels when they are selecting a dishwasher.
From the house of Whirlpool, there comes a good looking American-made model, Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher. The product dimension is 26 x 25 x 36 inches and the weight is 65 pounds only, which is perfect for a small family or a modular kitchen. The sound level is a maximum of 47 dB, and the dishwasher has ADA certification too.
Whirlpool launched the WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher in the USA in Q2 of 2017. The salient features of this product are the tall tub Stainless Steel Interior with nylon racks and the total coverage spray arm with 20 jets. There are 5 cycles with 6 options and 15 place settings.
The customizable options in this model are the AnyWare silverware basket, an adjustable upper basket, folding tines, a removable upper basket etc.
Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ Dishwasher Design; Few Points
The form factor of this built-in dishwasher is like the general Whirlpool built-in dishwasher line up.
The product has a stainless steel door, with a comfortable pocket-like handle to open the door in a 90° angle. The exterior comes in five colours- Black, Black stainless steel, Fingerprint resistant stainless steel, Sunset Bronze and White.
Over the handle, there is a strip of chrome which makes the look of the Whirlpool dishwasher complete and attractive, especially for the black stainless steel model. The interior is also stainless, which is attractive, easier to clean and dry. This also helps to keep the noise down.
General Control and Operation of Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ Dishwasher
The control panel is top-mount in this model, and this makes the door a completely smooth surface. There is a red LED light indicator on the menu to notify that the dishwasher is running. A white light turns on to when it finishes the load. If you press the start button to add a dish when the machine is running, the machine stops and the “Add a dish” option turns on. These kinds of indicators are quite useful in the day to day fast handling of the Whirlpool dishwasher.
Baskets and Racks
There are only two racks, unlike the three racked members of the higher-end Whirlpool dishwasher family. The top rack has two rows of tines on the sides, which are foldable/movable. There are a few plastic holder slots for wine glasses. You can raise the top rack to make room for larger items.
However, you have to wrestle a bit to do so, as per the general customer experience. The bottom rack, on the other hand, comes out easily.
Here, the tines do not move here, and they are equidistant in parallel rows. You have to go through a few trial and error methods to find out the best layout to have a good performance out of this. The Whirlpool user manual says to put the casserole dish on the bottom left. The customer experience says that in the case, the dishes in front might not get cleaned perfectly in this case.
There is a small silverware basket which fits nicely into the door. You have to open the door cautiously though after the cycle, or else the cutleries will fall out. There is an option to attach the basket to the front of the bottom rack, in which case, there is a chance that it will fall off during the cycle itself.
The basket is a bit on the smaller side, and it might take two turns to fit all the silverware for a big meal. This is also good in a way, as you can move the basket on the counter easily and unload it.
Special Features And Experiences of Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ Dishwasher:
There are a number of special programs and features which are really convenient for daily dishwashing plans, like Sensor wash, normal and heavy wash, Delay wash, high-temperature wash, Sani rinse, extra dry, 1-hour wash, heat dry option, soak & clean etc.
Extra dry option: The heated dry option is automatically selected in Normal or Heavy wash cycle. In the 1-hour wash cycle, this option should be selected.
Delay wash: The start and function of a cycle can be delayed for 2 to 8 hours.
1-hour wash: The quick cycle takes 1 hour time to finish. It is good for a fast wash, but does not clean as efficiently as the normal cycle. It lefts a few food stains and cannot remove sticky food particles. The small bowl and spoons require retouching. To minimise the stains and redeposit, you need to rinse the dishes first. Still, the dishes come out completely wet in this case.
Sensor Cycle: It automatically selects the right wash and dry settings for the dish-load. For this, it uses two separate sensors for measuring temperature, soil level and load size at pre-wash and mid-wash level.
The normal cycle: It removes almost all the stains with no redeposit on the dish surface. The dishes come out dry and the time taken is equal to the heavy cycle while water usage is less.
The Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher’s heavy cycle: It can remove the toughest stains too, but there is some redeposit seen in this case. It takes the most water and most time, but the dishes come out completely dry, which is a plus point.
Quiet operation: The stainless steel interior and the good motor results in a low sound. It is relatively lower than the other dishwashers in the same price range with the maximum sound of 47 dB only. When you upgrade to this model from the older models, you can really understand the quiet operation level of this dishwasher.
The Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher’s heavy cycle: It can remove the toughest stains too, but there is some redeposit seen in this case. It takes the most water and most time, but the dishes come out completely dry, which is a plus point. Quiet operation:
The stainless steel interior and the good motor results in a low sound. It is relatively lower than the other dishwashers in the same price range with the maximum sound of 47 dB only. When you upgrade to this model from the older models, you can really understand the quiet operation level of this dishwasher.
Users’ verdict and reason for selecting this model:
The users say that they selected this model, for its good looks, quiet operation, nice features which are:
- Sturdy built, which is better than the other models at the price range.
- The pocket handle and the clean front with a top-mount panel.
- Option to attach the cutlery basket to the door, which saves space.
- The brand value of Whirlpool and reliability of the USA-made WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher.
- The availability of spare parts for this dishwasher.
- Positive reviews from users, in the heated drying and quiet performance.
- The tall tub and nylon rack, with a simple internal design, which is less complicated to handle.
There are a number of pros and cons from the user experiences of Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ dishwasher which are:
Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ Positive and Negatives
- This dishwasher gets dishes sparkling clean, especially in the normal cycle and sensor Wash cycle mode, without any re-deposit issues. Whirlpool recommends using cascade pods to get the best results.
- At the maximum noise level of 47dB, it is really quiet to use.
- The total-coverage spray arm cleans with twice the jets for more coverage. There is a smarter sequence of spray patterns from multiple nozzles that hits the dishes to clean them.
- There are LED blue-red-white light indicator to show the cycle stages and rinse aid. These are useful and helps to avoid problems while using it.
- The soil sensor determines how dirty dishes are. It also adjusts the Normal cycle as needed to get clean and dry dishes without residue.
- The rack design is ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing too. It holds a good number of dishes and easier to load-unload.
- The top-mount control panel looks good. This also makes cleaning the front and top easier.
- It seems to hold more dishes and is easier to load.
- The dishwasher is electricity efficient too. The energy consumption per Year is 270 kW. The Compliant standards are: CEE Tier 1, NSF, Star-K, UL etc. The estimated annual operating cost is 32 USD.
- In the 1-hour wash cycle, there is always some re-deposit even after rinsing. The dishes also come out wet and needs time before using. It uses more water than the normal cycle too.
- The silverware slot is smaller and narrower. You cannot hold the dinner forks in the front row now easily, and it does not hold all the silverware for a big dinner at a time.
- In regular dry, there is water left in places like the back of the silverware basket. In extended dry mode, the dishes are dried, but the water stays on the walls. You need to be ready to wipe water in the bottoms levels too, like most the mid-level dishwashers.
Generally, the customers trust the brand name of Whirlpool a lot and buy this dishwasher made in the USA. It might leave some stains in 1 hour and heavy wash mode. However, proper ways, like using the referred pellets, or rinsing the dishes before loading them can help you. The normal cycle works perfectly in this model. Check out the features in this model and you will be really happy with the performance of this dishwasher.
You May Also Enjoy Reading This Article
What are the Top Rated Dishwashers?