If you are looking for honest KitchenAid KDFE104DBL review, you are at the right place. We have gone through all the available web resources and we have taken feedback from real users of the model to come to this review.
Please read on, this is going to be helpful for sure.
KitchenAid; Rich History
There are quite a few well-known home and kitchen appliance brands in the USA, but very few with a rich history like KitchenAid. The century-old company started producing dishwashers in the middle of the twentieth century, and the brand value raised high.
Even after being acquired by Whirlpool, KitchenAid continues to produce some great dishwashers. KitchenAid KDFE104DBL dishwasher is one of the best of its budget model line-up, which stays true to the brand and band for the buck too.
KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Dishwasher Overview
The product dimension 30 x 30 x 30 inches and the weight is 100 pounds only. The material is stainless steel and the product generally comes in a black colour variant, which makes it a good-looking product.
The Electrical Requirements is 120-volt and 60 Hz, AC-only, in a copper wire only. There should be a hot water line with 20 to 120 psi (138 to 862 kilopascal) water pressure. The water temperature must be 120°F (49°C) water at the dishwasher.
KitchenAid KDFE104DBL dishwasher was launched in Q3 of 2014 in the USA. The dishwasher comes with 6 cycle and 5 options, and the 14 full place settings make the cleaning job a very easy one. In the case of the Prowash cycle, the one-touch option takes into account real-time scenarios and make modification accordingly, and it saves water too.
The special programs and options in this product are Top Rack Wash option, heat dry option,, ProScrub Option, normal rinse, Tough and express cycle, high-temperature wash, light/china, sani rinse etc.
Design of the KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Dishwasher
The form factor of the built-in dishwasher is nothing flashy but very useful. It fits perfectly in any kitchen, and the parts do not block any space. The stainless steel finish on the black colour pallet seamlessly blends into any colour background and design of the kitchen.
There is a small pocket handle near the top of the model. Over it, there lie the front-facing control panel options. The touch-sensitive buttons light up with bright white light to indicate the specific functions. The single button selection gives a very haptic feedback and generally is responsive, mostly. It makes the control of the cycle and wash options easier and user-friendly too.
General control and mechanism of KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Dishwasher
When you open the door under the control panel, you will see that the model has two nylon racks inside a stainless steel tub.
The upper rack is adjustable in two specific positions. It is equipped with cushion-tip tines. There are one plastic cup shelf, four stemware holders, and 2 light item clips. The straight upper rack does not have any fold-down tines and no utility basket.
The bottom rack is easier to move as it glides on ball-bearings too. The extended lower rack has cushion-tip tines and one fold-down tine.
Inside the tub, there are powerful jets that target water towards the utensils, pans, and casserole dishes at the back of the dishwasher. This helps to remove the stubborn and sticky food particles from the containers. The EQ filtration system removes soilfrom water and improves the cleaning action. The rinse aid dispenser reduces spottingand improves drying of the dishes.
If you need a good drying experience, you might use a drying agent i.e. a rinse aid (sample is generally included with the package). Rinse aid along with the Heat Dry or Prodry option provides the best drying and it also helps to avoid excessive moisture build-up in the dishwasher interior.
Special Features And Experiences of KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Dishwasher:
There are a number of unique and additional features in this dishwasher model which helps to get the best user experience in this model. These are as follows:
Prowash Cycle: This option selects the ideal cycle for washing dishes, based on soil level from the indicators. Then it makes a number of real-time tweaking to achieve the best cleaning performance. This option helps to conserve power as well as water.
Heat dry option: This feature helps to deliver the best drying experience by activating a recessed heating element at the end of the cycle.
Stainless steel design: This design provides not only the beauty but also sturdiness. Combined with a quality craftsmanship, the design helps to resist strains, streak, and odours. It also helps to retain the heat while drying the dishes at the end.
Fold-down tines in the lower rack: These can be adjusted on of the three positions. This feature allows the water to clean the deep or wide dishes more efficiently.
Satinglide Max Upper Rack: It creates a smooth surface which makes pulling out the upper rack easier, when it is loaded with a heavy weight. There are a couple adjusters in it too, which makes it easier to raise or lower the rack. The rails help to keep the rack stationed on the track.
Fold-down shelf with stemware holder: These shelves provide extra room in the upper rack to hold additional items like cups, wine glasses or long item i.e. utensils and spatulas.
Why People Bought KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Dishwasher?
There are a number of reasons for which the users selected this model, which are:
- A stainless steel body which is hardy, scratch proof and effective in heat-retaining.
- The adjustable nylon racks in a stainless steel tub are easy to clean.
- The KitchenAid brand value and trust since the last century play an important role.
- The price is in the budget segment and the features are worth the dollars paid.
- The machine is near-noiseless, and this is a very positive reason for the good reviews.
- The model is perfect for good space management and it is easy to handle.
- Works nicely with the china and the extra load.
Pros, Cons And Final Verdict For KitchenAid KDFE104DBL
There are a number of pros and cons of the KitchenAid KDFE104DBL dishwasher, which are listed below:
- The model has a unique silverware basket cover with slots to hang them i.e. it keeps them from nesting (joined together), so they get a good water spray exposure.
- The model is one of the most noiseless one in its price segment.The stainless steel interior absorbs the sound efficiently, and only generates a low hum. The maximum noise level is 46 dB only.
- KitchenAid KDFE104DBL dishwasher is a very sturdy and compact model. It takes less space and sets in perfectly in any kitchen.
- In the case of the larger and wider items which do not fit in the utensil basket, you can remove the covers on the sides to put them in. If you wish, you can use the cover to use the slats for separating utensils too.
- The adjustable rack is quite useful in the upper rack. You can put the taller items up there.
- The extendable bottom rack has enough spacing for a variety of dish sizes. You can easily load odd-shaped items and pans inside it.In this model, the cover is removable for either half or all of the basket, which offers partial or completely open basket setup.
- It is one of the most energy-efficient models available at this segment. It has compliant Standards of AHAM, CEE Tier 1, and NSF. The energy consumption is 260 kW per year.
- KitchenAid KDFE104DBL dishwasher has side vents. When installing, make sure that they are not covered/blocked by cabinet walls as they will cause a problem in heat dispersion.
- The bottom rack only has one adjustable row of tines. It would be nice to have another row for adjustment so that the space could be utilized more freely.
- The normal mode is very average and this should be used for dishes that are not dirty.
- In some devices, there were complaints with the timer and the touch buttons. It does not always work perfectly, especially if your hand is wet. On the other hand, the buttons on the outside are easy to press without realizing it in normal times.
- Without rinse-aid, the heat/dry option does not come out good. The rinse-aid pouring vent is small, and you should use a funnel-option to pour it in.
- The items with larger handles, like butter knives and steak knives,do not fit in the given knife slots.
KitchenAid KDFE104DBL Final Verdict
In the budget or entry segment, there are a number of new and upcoming options. The brand name here matter a lot, and the KitchenAid is quite known in the USA households.
The machine is energy-efficient and runs without much noise. The well-made racks, sturdy set up, easy handling and the cycles make it a good product to buy.
There are a number of competitors in the same brand or other brands, like Bosch SHS863WD5N 300 Series (but it has a higher price point), or the KitchenAid KDFE104DSS 24 Inch Built-In Dishwasher (where the long and adjustable cutlery option is a negative point).
This item is one of the older models, yet at this price point, the dishwasher is a steal for the features it offers.